Government Advocacy Coordinating Committee
The purpose of the committee is provide advocacy direction and guidance for the development of the governmental affairs programs of the Council; provide oversight of all governmental affairs committees to maximize effective efforts; and ensure consistency of positions
- Oversee the effective implementation of the ACEC 2022-2023 legislative agenda.
- Work with the Administration and the new Congress on implementation of the new infrastructure program, secure passage of new water legislation, as well as the appropriations bills for critical infrastructure accounts and other priority programs.
- Secure passage of legislation to waive the FAR credits clause as it applies to forgiven PPP loans by June 30, 2022.
- Identify and promote adoption of regulatory reform measures to benefit the engineering industry.
- Support the communications department to develop initiatives that build the profile of ACEC and support the organization’s advocacy agenda.
- Carry out an effective international agenda to expand market opportunities abroad.
- Develop and implement an aggressive energy, industrial and private client-oriented agenda.
- Achieve PAC fundraising goals and maintain the targeted pace as set by the ACEC/PAC Champions Committee.
- Review ACEC Congressional Scorecard for 2022-2023 to ensure that it reflects the key issues affecting the industry, and develop a scorecard for Committee approval in the 2023 congressional session.
- Defend engineering industry priorities from the 2017 tax reform law, as well as specific issues impacting firms (such as use of the R&D tax credit).
View Committee Roster
Government Advocacy Coordinating Committee Community
Click the video above to learn why ACEC Business Education will help your firm thrive.
FULL CALENDAR >
Capture Planning for the Win
Capture Planning for the Win is a step-by-step, scalable capture and pursuit management guide that will help you evaluate and improve your firm’s business development capabilities.Details
2023 Bundle of Salary Surveys of Engineering Firms (Zweig Group)
The Zweig Group 2023 Engineering Firm Salary Surveys are the most up-to-date and comprehensive compensation survey report for engineering firms operating in each region of the U.S. Details
ACEC's Trust Programs are designed to enhance your membership investment by helping to control your firm's costs. More Info